广西铜价格联盟

【DAY 72】NCE 1 Lesson 113、129、135、139、141、143

刺猬小姐的成长日记 2019-01-16 03:45:37

Make improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention.

要追求进步,而不是一味地寻找借口,要寻求尊重,而不是一味地博取关注。

——Roy T. Bennett





Lesson 113 Small change 零钱


Listen to the tape then answer this question.

听录音,然后回答问题。

Who has got some small change?

谁有零钱?


CONDUCTOR: Fares, please!

售票员:请买票!

MAN: Trafalgar Square, please.

男子:请买一张到特拉法加广场的票。

CONDUCTOR: I'm sorry, sir. I can't change a ten-pound note. Haven't you got any small change?

售票员:对不起,我找不开10英镑的钞票。您没有零钱吗?

MAN: I've got no small change, I'm afraid.

男子:恐怕我没有零钱

CONDUCTOR: I'll ask some of the passengers.

售票员:我来问问其他乘客。

CONDUCTOR: Have you any small change, sir?

售票员:先生,您有零钱吗?

1st PASSENGER: I'm sorry. I've got none.

乘客1:对不起,我没有。

2nd PASSENGER: I haven't got any either.

乘客2:我也没有。

CONDUCTOR: Can you change this ten-pound note, madam?

售票员:夫人,您能把这10英镑的钞票换开吗?

3rd PASSENGER: I'm afraid I can't.

乘客3:恐怕不能。

4th PASSENGER: Neither can I.

乘客3:我也不能。

CONDUCTOR: I'm very sorry, sir. You must get off the bus. None of our passengers can change this note. They're all millionaires!

售票员:非常抱歉,先生。您必须下车。我们的乘客中没人能换开这张钞票。他们都是百万富翁!

TWO TRAMPS: Except us.

二流浪汉:我们俩除外。

1st TRAMP: I've got some small change.

流浪汉1:我有零钱。

2nd TRAMP: So have I.

流浪汉2:我也有。


Notes on the text 课文注释


  1. Fares, please! 请买票!这是公共车辆售票员用语。

  2. Trafalgar Square,特拉法加广场,位于伦敦市区。

  3. I've got no small change,我没有一点儿零钱。no + 名词表示所指的东西全然没有,以上这句话比“I haven't got any small change.”更强调没有任何一点儿零钱。

  4. I've got none. 这里是指零钱(不可数名词。none 也可与可数名词连用,如 none of our passengers can change this note.

  5. Neither can I.
    当有人说了一句
    否定意义的话,其否定的内容也适于你或另外的人或事物时,可以采用这种简略的句式。注意这种简略句式中主语和动词(包括 be)的顺序。

  6. get off the bus,下车。

  7. So have I.
    当有人说了一句
    肯定意义的话,其肯定的内容也适于你或另外的人或事物时,可以采用这种简略的句式。注意这种简略句式中主语和动词(包括 be)的顺序。


Lesson 129 Seventy miles an hour 时速70英里


Listen to the tape then answer this question.

听录音,然后回答问题。

What does Ann advise her husband to do next time?

安建议她的丈夫下次做什么?


ANN: Look, Gary! That policeman's waving to you. He wants you to stop.

安:瞧,加里!那个警察正朝你挥手呢。他要你停下来。

POLICEMAN: Where do you think you are? On a race track? You must have been driving at seventy miles an hour.

警察:你认为你现在是在哪儿?在赛车道上吗?你刚才一定是以每小时70英里的速度开车

GARY: I can't have been.

加里:我不会开得那样快的。

POLICEMAN: I was doing eighty when I overtook you.

警察:我是以每小时80英里的速度赶上你的。

POLICEMAN: Didn't you see the speed limit?

警察:难道你没看见限速牌吗?

GARY: I'm afraid I didn't, officer. I must have been dreaming.

加里:恐怕我没有看见,警官。我一定是思想开小差了。

ANN: He wasn't dreaming, officer. I was telling him to drive slowly.

安:警官,他思想没有开小差。我刚才正告诉他开慢点。

GARY: That's why I didn't see the sign.

加里:所以我才没看见那牌子。

POLICEMAN: Let me see your driving licence.

警察:让我看一看你的驾驶执照。

POLICEMAN: I won't charge you this time. But you'd better not do it again!

警察:这次我就不罚你款了。但你最好不要再开得这样快。

GARY: Thank you. I'll certainly be more careful.

加里:谢谢您。我以后一定会多加注意。

ANN: I told you to drive slowly, Gary.

安:加里,我刚才叫你开慢点吧。

GARY: You always tell me to drive slowly, darling.

加里:你总是叫我开慢点,亲爱的。

ANN: Well, next time you'd better take my advice!

安:好啦,下次你最好还是听从我的劝告吧


Notes on the text 课文注释


  1. Where do you think you are? 
    do you think 是用在特殊疑问句中的插入语,用来征询见解或表达看法。

  2. must have been driving,
    这种结构用来表示对过去正进行的事情的推测可译为“一定”或“准是”。

  3. at seventy miles an hour,每小时70英里的速度。

  4. I was doing eighty when I overtook you.
    其中的动词 do 表示“以……速度行进”。

  5. But you'd better not do it again!
    you'd better = you had better,后面加动词原形。
    had better 用于建议在将来某一具体场合采取动作,而不用于一般情况,比 should 语气更为强烈常有威胁、告诫或催促的意味

  6. you'd better take my advice! 你最好还是听从我的劝告。take one's advice 是“听从某人的劝告”的意思。


Lesson 135 The latest report 最新消息


Listen to the tape then answer this question.

听录音,然后回答问题。

Is Karen Marsh going to retire, do you think?

你认为卡伦·马什会退休吗?


REPORTER: Are you really going to retire, Miss Marsh?

记者:马什小姐,您真的准备退休吗?

MISS MARSH: I may. I can't make up my mind. I will have to ask my future husband. He won't let me make another film.

马什小姐:有可能退。我还拿不定主意。我得问一下我的未婚夫。他不会再让我拍电影了。

REPORTER: Your future husband, Miss Marsh?

记者:您的未婚夫,马什小姐?

MISS MARSH: Yes. Let me introduce him to you. His name is Carlos. We're going to get married next week.

马什小姐:是的,让我把他给你们介绍一下。他叫卡洛斯。下星期我们就要结婚了。

KATE: Look, Liz! Here's another report about Karen Marsh. Listen: 'Karen Marsh: The latest. At her London Hotel today Miss Marsh told reporters she might retire. She said she couldn't make up her mind. She said she would have to ask her future husband. She said her future husband would not let her make another film. Then she introduced us to Carlos and told us they would get married next week.'

凯特:看啊,莉兹!这又有一篇关于卡伦·马什的报道。你听:“卡伦·马什:最新消息。今天在伦敦旅馆,马什小姐告诉记者她可能要退休。她说她还拿不定主意。她说她得问问她的未婚夫。她说她的未婚夫不会再让她拍电影。然后她把我们介绍给卡洛斯,并告诉我们说他们下星期结婚。”

LIZ: That's sensational news, isn't it, Kate?

莉兹:凯特,这真是条轰动的消息,是不是?

KATE: It certainly is. He'll be her sixth husband!

凯特:当然啦。他将是她的第6任丈夫!


Notes on the text 课文注释


  1. 请注意在直接引语变成间接引语动词时态倒移过程中,情态助动词的变化:may — might,can — could,will — would 等,won't — wouldn't,going to — would,can't — couldn't 等。

  2. get married,结婚。

  3. the latest,这里是指最新消息。


Lesson 139 Is that you, John? 是你吗,约翰?


Listen to the tape then answer this question.

听录音,然后回答问题。

Which Jonh Smith does Graham Turner think he is talking to?

格雷厄姆·特纳以为他在和哪一个约翰·史密斯通话?


GRAHAM TURNER: Is that you, John?

格雷厄姆·特纳:是你吗,约翰?

JOHN SMITH: Yes, speaking.

约翰·史密斯:是我,请讲。
GRAHAM TURNER: Tell Mary we'll be late for dinner this evening.
格雷厄姆·特纳:你告诉玛丽,今晚吃饭我们将晚到一会儿。
JOHN SMITH: I'm afraid I don't understand.
约翰·史密斯:恐怕我还不明白您的意思。
GRAHAM TURNER: Hasn't Mary told you? She invited Charlotte and me to dinner this evening. I said I would be at your house at six o'clock, but the boss wants me to do some extra work. I'll have to stay at the office. I don't know when I'll finish. Oh, and by the way,my wife wants to know if Mary needs any help.
格雷厄姆·特纳:玛丽没有告诉你吗?她邀请我和夏洛特今晚去吃饭。我说过我6点到你家,但老板要我加班。我不得不留在办公室,不知道什么时候才能结束。喔,顺便问一句,我妻子想知道玛丽是否需要帮忙。
JOHN SMITH: I don't know what you're talking about.
约翰·史密斯:我不知道您在说些什么。
GRAHAM TURNER: That is John Smith, isn't it?
格雷厄姆·特纳:你是约翰·史密斯,对吗?
JOHN SMITH: Yes, I'm John Smith.
约翰·史密斯:是的,我是约翰·史密斯。
GRAHAM TURNER: You are John Smith, the engineer, aren't you?
格雷厄姆,特纳:你是工程师约翰·史密斯,对吗?
JOHN SMITH: That's right.
约翰·史密斯:对。
GRAHAM TURNER: You work for the Overseas Engineering Company, don't you?
格雷厄姆·特纳:你在海外工程公司上班,是吗?
JOHN SMITH: No, I don't. I'm John Smith the telephone engineer and I'm repairing your telephone line.
约翰·史密斯:不,不是。我是电话工程师约翰·史密斯,我正在修理您的电话线。

Notes on the text 课文注释


  1. Is that you, John?
    Yes, speaking.
    这两句话是朋友间打电话时的常用语。speaking 可译作“请讲”。

  2. Tell Mary we'll be late …
    句中 we will be late … 是一个宾语从句,作动词 tell 的宾语。这个宾语从句省略了引导词 that

  3. She invited Charlotte and me to dinner this evening. 她邀请我和夏洛特今晚去吃饭。在英语中,为了表示客气常常把其他人的姓名放在“我”之前,请注意中英文不同的语序。

  4. I don't know when I'll finish.
    本句中也有一个
    宾语从句从句中的引导词 when 不能省略。类似的例子还有:My wife wants to know if Mary needs any help;I don't know what you're talking about 等。

  5. by the way,顺便(问,说)。


Lesson 141 Sally's first train ride 萨莉第一次乘火车旅行


Listen to the tape then answer this question.

听录音,然后回答问题。

Why was the mother embarrassed?

为什么母亲感到很尴尬?


Last week, my four-year-old daughter, Sally, was invited to a children's party. 
上周,我4岁的女儿萨莉被邀请去参加一个儿童聚会
I decided to take her by train. 
我决定带她乘火车去。
Sally was very excited because she had never travelled on a train before.
萨莉非常激动,因为她从未乘过火车
She sat near the window and asked questions about everything she saw. 
她靠车窗坐着,对她所看到的一切都要问个明白。
Suddenly, a middle-aged lady got on the train and sat opposite Sally.
突然,一个中年妇女上了火车,坐在萨莉的对面。
'Hello, little girl,' she said. 
“你好,小姑娘。”她说。
Sally did not answer, but looked at her curiously. 
萨莉没回答,却好奇地看着她。
The lady was dressed in a blue coat and a large, funny hat. 
那位妇女穿着一件蓝色的大衣,戴着一顶大而滑稽的帽子。
After the train had left the station, the lady opened her handbag and took out her powder compact. 
火车开出车站后,那位妇女打开了手提包,拿出了粉盒。
She then began to make up her face
然后她开始打扮起来
'Why are you doing that?' Sally asked. 
“你为什么要那样做呢?”萨莉问。
'To make myself beautiful,' the lady answered. 
“为了把自己打扮漂亮啊。”那位妇女答道。
She put away her compact and smiled kindly. 
她放好了粉盒,慈祥地微笑着。
'But you are still ugly,' Sally said. 
“可是你仍然难看呀,”萨莉说。
Sally was amused, but I was very embarrassed!
萨莉感到很有趣,而我却很尴尬!


Notes on the text 课文注释


  1. my four-year-old daughter,我那4岁的女儿。
    four-year-old 是名词 daughter 的定语,常常用连字符连在一起,组成一个复合形容词。注意在这个复合词中仅用 year,而不用复数。

  2. Sally was invited to a children's party.
    这是一个被动语态的例子。在英文中,如果想避免用含混不清的词(如 someone 等)作主语,常常可使用被动语态。被动语态由相应的 be 动词加上过去分词组成。

  3. she had never travelled on a train before,
    副词 before 通常用于完成时(现在完成时和过去完成时)的句子里,ago 用在过去时的句子里。

  4. be dressed in …,穿戴着……。

  5. make up her face,往她的脸上施脂粉。

  6. make myself beautiful,把自己打扮漂亮。


Lesson 143 A walk through the woods 林中散步


Listen to the tape then answer this question.

听录音,然后回答问题。

What was so funny about the words on the sign?

牌子上的字有什么可笑的地方?


I live in a very old town which is surrounded by beautiful woods.

我住在一个由美丽的树林环绕的古老小镇上。

It is a famous beauty spot. 

这是一个著名的风景胜地。

On Sundays, hundreds of people come from the city to see our town and to walk through the woods.

每逢星期天,有许许多多的人从城里来参观我们的小镇,并在树林中散步。

Visitors have been asked to keep the woods clean and tidy.

游客已被告知要保持树林的整洁。

Litter baskets have been placed under the trees, but people still throw their rubbish everywhere.

树下都已设置了废物筐,但是人们仍到处扔垃圾。

Last Wednesday, I went for a walk in the woods.

上星期三我到树林里去散步。

What I saw made me very sad.

我所见到的一切使我非常难过。

I counted seven old cars and three old refrigerators.

我数了一下,有7辆旧汽车和3个旧冰箱。

The litter baskets were empty and the ground was covered with pieces of paper, cigarette ends, old tyres, empty bottles and rusty tins.

废物筐是空的,而满地都是纸片、烟头、旧轮胎、空瓶子和生锈的空罐头盒。

Among the rubbish, I found a sign which said, 'Anyone who leaves litter in these woods will be prosecuted!'

在垃圾堆中我发现了一块牌子,上面写着:“凡在此树林里丢弃垃圾者,将依法处置。”


Notes on the text 课文注释


  1. was covered with …,被……覆盖。

  2. What I saw made me very sad.
    句中的主语 what I saw 是一个以 what 引导的名词性从句

  3. I found a sign which said …
    这里的 said 不当“说”讲,而是“写着……”。

Copyright © 广西铜价格联盟@2017